Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Say What?



Going along with my last post about getting frustrated, I've realized how often I make negative comments (most often to myself) or mutter things that are neither encouraging nor edifying. Usually in those moments the best thing for me to do is just keep my mouth shut! The word of God is nodding its head vigorously in agreement with me. It might be wise to simply let it do the talking:

"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise."
- Proverbs 10:19

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."
- Proverbs 17:28

"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control."
- Proverbs 29:11

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
- Ephesians 4:29

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
- James 1:19-20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WORD!