Friday, March 13, 2009

For The Moments I Feel Faint

Ok, time for a very transparent blog moment. For whatever reason (probably a lot of very good ones), I don't tend to do a lot of these. I've been really frustrated this morning, nothing really major has happened... just a series of small (okay, maybe medium) inconveniences. The thing is, it has really really really (keep those rolling for a while) been driving me crazy! And the most frustrating thing of all is that it only goes to illustrate how incredibly selfish I am. Sigh.

I went to play some music this morning, and my MP3 player was still on a song that I had briefly loaded up for Austin last night. It couldn't be more timely. It's For The Moments I Feel Faint by Relient K:

Am I at the point of no improvement?
What of the death I still dwell in?
I try to excel, but I feel no movement.
Can I be free of this unreleasable sin?

I throw up my hands
"Oh, the impossibilities"
Frustrated and tired
Where do I go from here?
Now I'm searching for the confidence I've lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles is overcoming my fear

Gather my insufficiencies and
place them in your hands,
place them in your hands,
place them in your hands


Praise the Lord that He did for me what I could never do for myself, and that I can still - every day - rely solely on His grace. It's a constant struggle for me not to fall into a performance based relationship with God. I'm once again reminded of the words Paul wrote in Galatians 3:3, "Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?"

I've been praying and asking Jesus for help, and as I've been writing this I feel that He has truly encouraged and comforted me. It would be tempting to just delete it and move on, but I don't think that's what He wants me to do, so here it is!

(Listen to the song here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. You are awesome.