Friday, July 10, 2009

The Best Part of Summer



(Once I saw Marsha with the glove on her head, I knew I had to include this picture.)

If you know me at all you know I love to play softball. And hopefully you also know that I love college students. So what could be better than putting those two together? Getting halfway through the summer means that very thing will be getting started next week! While I do enjoy the game itself, the best part is seeing how it develops community and brings people closer together, ultimately serving to grow us up in Jesus.

For those who aren't on the team, we'd love for you to come cheer us on! All games will be at Donaldson Park on the Northwest field. Here is the schedule, although I'm sure we'll hit a rain out or two along the way:

Tue 7/14 - 6:00 vs Pirates & Wenches
Thu 7/16 - 8:00 vs Laura Street Baptist Church
Tue 7/21 - 8:00 vs The Sandlot
Thu 7/23 - 7:00 vs Hometown Auto Doctor
Tue 7/28 - 6:00 vs Walmart Dominators
Thu 7/30 - 8:00 vs Pirates & Wenches
Tue 8/4 - 6:00 vs Laura Street Baptist Church
Thu 8/6 - 7:00 vs The Sandlot
Tue 8/11 - 6:00 vs Hometown Auto Doctor
Thu 8/13 - 7:00 vs Walmart Dominators
Tue 8/18 - 7:00 vs Pirates & Wenches
Thu 8/20 - 6:00 vs Laura Street Baptist Church

2 comments:

Bill Victor said...

Dang it! I want to play. I haven't played in almost three years. I miss it more than golf (3 year absence as well).

Marsha said...

The Marsha lives on....